Who doesn’t love a good cupcake? I know I’m a sucker for anything sweet especially if icing is involved. While surfing Pinterest, (and more than likely avoiding writing my research paper) I found an awesome recipe for tie dye cupcakes. Not only do I love cupcakes, but anything bright always catches my eye so these delicious cupcakes bring it all together. These cupcakes would be perfect for parties and the tie dye colors can be changed depending on what you want.
- Box Cake Mix (along with eggs, water, and vegetable oil)
- Icing ( I used plain white icing)
- Food Coloring
- Cupcake tins
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, eggs, and oil.
2. Mix ingredients until smooth (about 2 minutes on medium level).
3. Divide batter into equal parts (depending on how many colors you’re using).
4. Add food coloring. Mix thoroughly.
5. Alternate adding color into cupcake tins.
6. Swirl batter with toothpick but do not mix colors too much.
7. Bake 18-20 minutes or until done.
8. Let cool completely then ice cupcakes.